Thursday, June 29, 2006

SATURDAY, JUNE 10th

Well, the days have significantly slowed down. I’ve had one class in the past three days and the rest of the time we’ve been confined to the barracks. Utter boredom.

However, I’ve received more letters and got a chance to read some of the comments on the blog. Brian B., my old and future roommate sent me a letter. Thanks B. I also got a batch of peanut butter chocolate chip cookies from Behlo and Heather, thank to you both! I received my mother’s peanut butter cookies as well, which were excellent and brought back memories. I also read Kenny’s and Brian C’s comments, and took them to heart as always. I do, in fact, plan on telling both of you more of what has gone on here (that cannot be posted on the internet) over a round of golf and a cigar or three.

Also, after reviewing some of the things I’ve written, I’m partially ashamed of myself for whining so much. No, not ashamed, more embarrassed, like I just got pantsed in public. It’s funny how really difficult situations can make you behave childishly. We all fall back on our roots, I guess, which is probably why they make a point to install soldierly roots in us here. In the stressful situation of being shot at, hopefully we’ll fall back on these roots.

Anyway, that’s all for now.

Benjamin

No comments: