Wednesday, May 24, 2006

FRIDAY, MAY 19th

Things have gotten much more difficult these past few days. I was so stressed out and exhausted that I was about ready to quit my bay leader position and take on the “I don’t care, but I’m going to take my stress out on you” attitude. Actually, things are about to get worse. We’ve got a tough schedule ahead.

For the past week we’ve been doing PT twice per day. We’ll either run a few miles with sprints in between and do push ups, sit ups, pull ups or another combination of exercises. Everyone’s pretty sore, and I’m, once again, exhausted. We’ve done more physically in the past few days than we did in our first three weeks here. Oh well.

We’ve also been put on a company-wide “diet.” This means we have 1 minute and 30 seconds to eat. I’m beyond the point of being hungry. My stomach has shrunk by now. But so much exercise and so little food has made me pretty weak. My body doesn’t recover as fast as it used to I guess.

All of this is in preparation for the days ahead. Next Friday we have a final PT assessment, which will determine if we graduate from Basic and move on to AIT. We also qualify with the 9mm pistol next week. We get one day to practice qualify (50 rounds), then we qualify. That’s it.

So, that’s the latest plot. Goodnight.

Benjamin

No comments: