Wednesday, May 24, 2006

SUNDAY, MAY 21st

Well, not much has changed. The drill sergeants have been pretty pissed off lately. Apparently we are “one of the worst classes they have ever seen.” A big issue has been the cleanliness of our bays, which, of course, is what I’m in charge of. It’s difficult not to take the criticism personally. I regret taking the job now. It’s more stress than I thought it would be.

Today is Sunday. Everyone was supposed to get a pass today. Half of the people in the company have had their pass revoked due to one reason or another. Mine was revoked last night because I failed to wear my PT shorts underneath my PT sweats. How did they know, you ask? Because they told us to remove our pants. I would’ve ran without any pants or shorts to keep my 4 hours of freedom, but the drill sergeants still took it away. Freakin’ Nazis.

81 days ‘til graduation. 16 days ‘til AIT starts and Basic ends. My calendar and I have a love/hate relationship. Apparently, I check it too often and it doesn’t’ move fast enough. It can’t be helped.

In the meantime, I’ve made up a list of things to do when I get back.

1. Clean out my new car (my grandpa’s GMC Jimmy) and go for a drive
2. Smoke a Newport or twenty
3. Watch a good action/comedy flick
4. Go clothes shopping (I’ll need new ones)
5. Eat nothing but pizza for one full day
6. Play guitar outside during sunset
7. Sit on the beach barefoot
8. Go shooting/hunting with Dad
9. Go to Jack in the Box and In-n-Out
10. Sit on my porch with a beer
11. Laugh out loud about some of the things that happened here
12. Drop and do only 19 push-ups incorrectly
13. Sit in the back of church and listen to the worship music

That’s all I have so far, but the list is quickly growing.

Benjamin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, she can be a needy little girlie, can't she?
By the way, I did notice that Dad made the top ten list, my darling son! I know that you were thinkin' of sitting on your back porch and having a beer WITH MOM, right? I knew it all along.
Love you and thinking of you every day.
Mom (NOT Dad)

Anonymous said...

Benjamin, I finally sat down to read your blog. I can't express in words my feelings of pride for your sacrifices. Thank you doesn't seem enough. Ben, you are truly the best of the best. I know now that I have been in denial that you are even in these situations-sensory overload. I'm sorry to have not written sooner. Please know that you have been and will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. I am sending a letter and some pictures. You are precious--especially in your brokeness, because you are a child of God--a King who loves and uses broken things. Our Love, Aunt Jody and Uncle Dale